Goodnight`s sleep is very important for healthy and relaxed body and mind. But did you know that sleeping naked can bring you even more health benefits?
According to a study, only 10% of all Americans sleep naked. If people knew how healthy this habit is, this number will definitely increase. Dr. Travis Bradberry, the co-author of “Emotional intelligence 2.0” states that you can reduce stress, improve the metabolism and boost you confidence only by sleeping naked. This will also improve your sex life, as well as your skin quality.
Sleeping naked with your partner will increase the bond and intimacy between the two of you. Skin to skin contact will also release the oxytocin hormone, which increases mutual trust, lowers calms you down by lowering the heart rate and makes both of you more sensitive.
Women should sleep naked because this will prevent the growth of vaginal bacteria and yeas by drying the spots where you perspire during your sleep. The habit of sleeping naked is also good for your weight because it balances the cortisol levels, which will help you lose weight.
One more reason to sleep without your clothes- it will stimulate circulation and reduce tension, so you`ll sleep better and wake up filled with energy.
These are some of the benefits of sleeping naked:
- Better sleep: Clothes can get tangled, so removing this distraction will make you feel free so that you can sleep better and deeper.
- More comfort: No underwear and pyjamas makes you feel free and comfortable, so that you can be happier and more relaxed.
- Improved quality of your skin: When sleeping naked, the skin can breathe freely, lowering the risk of some skin disease. Also, your genitals are properly aired, so the risk of some genital infection is lower, meaning your sexual health is better.
- Balanced melatonin and hormone of growth: Sleeping naked will increase the release of melatonin and growth hormone, which are important for your health and they both have anti-aging benefits.
- Balanced cortisol levels: Cortisol is bad for your body. Its levels are high if you are overheated while sleeping. In order to regulate cortisol, you need to keep the body temperature at normal ranges, and the best way to achieve this is to sleep without any clothes. This will help you lose some weight by reducing food cravings and anxiety.